Hp is a popular American multinational IT company which is known for providing its customers with a wide variety of products including laptops. With every latest development, Hp ensures that their customers are provided with the finest services and features in their products. However, there are times when some users might face some problems with their laptop like How To Unlock Hp Laptop Screen especially when the users have forgotten the lock password.
Luckily, the developers have created devised some simple ways that the users can try out to resolve this issue in time and get quick access to their laptop. Further, to help out the users Hp Windows Recovery, here are some simple ways they can try out to unlock their Hp laptop screen.
How to unlock when I Forgot My Hp Laptop Password
1. Using Hp password reset disk
- For this process, it is required that the user has already created a password reset disk before forgetting the password.
- Now, to initiate this process, the user is required to insert that disk and in the laptop and proceed with the process.
- After that, the user is required to enter an incorrect password and press enter.
- Thereafter, a prompt will appear on the screen displaying incorrect password.
- Then, the user is required to click on I Forgot My Hp Laptop Password link and create a new password for their Hp laptop lock screen.
2. Restore Hp laptop to factory settings
- First, the user is required to turn on the Hp laptop and press the F11 key till the laptop is booting up.
- Now, the user needs to select the backup files option and click on the Next button.
- Then, the user is required to simply set the laptop to factory settings.
- After this, the user can easily reset the lock screen password and fix How To Unlock Hp Laptop Screen issue.
3. Using installation disk for Hp Windows Recovery
- First, connect the installation disk to Hp laptop and boot up using a CD or USB.
- When the installing screen is launched, press Shift and F10 to open a command prompt screen.
- Further, enter the command copy c:\windows\system32\sethc.exe c:\,
copy c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe c:\windows\system32\sethc.exe to replace one of the applications with command prompt.
- And then, press Enter to run the command and simply unplug the installation disk.
- Thereafter, reboot Hp laptop by using the command wpeutil reboot.
- After that, when the login screen appears, the user is required to click the Shift button five times.
- Then, a command prompt will appear on the screen where the user is required to enter net user cocosenor
- Further, after pressing Enter the user will be prompted to enter the password.
- Now, again the user is required to press Enter by simply keeping the password option blank to resolve I Forgot My Hp Laptop Password issue.
- After this, the user needs to restart their device to easily unlock the screen without password.
Hence, these were the few ways that one can use for Recover Hp Windows. And in case, if the user still has any queries, they can feel free to contact support for assistance.